Thursday, June 16, 2016

Kinesthetic Intelligence, June 16, 2016

Sandra Dodd left this message 7 days ago:
Kinesthetic Intelligence, June 16, 2016
Bodily-kinesthetic intelligence covers dance, body-awareness, physical talents that might be used for sports or knot-tying or wood carving or physical therapy. Some people are only slightly aware of how their bodies work and what their capacities are. Some people seem to be born knowing, or using their bodies well without even thinking about it.
Marta Venturini joined the chat 6 days ago
Marta Venturini: Hi there!
Sandra Dodd joined the chat 6 days ago
Sandra Dodd: Good morning. No, wait...
Marta Venturini
Sandra Dodd: Even here, morning just left.
Parvine joined the chat 6 days ago
Parvine: Hello 
Sandra Dodd
Robin B. joined the chat 6 days ago
Sandra Dodd: This graph shows Kinesthetic as overlapping with spatial, which seems good and clear, but it seems to me it should overlap with intrapersonal, some, too.
Marta Venturini: Yes, that makes sense.
Sandra Dodd: But maybe I'm thinking of competitions and sports, and so confusing myself.
AlexPolikowsky7 joined the chat 6 days ago
Marta Venturini: When I read what you wrote, I was thinking of how a person might be more or less aware of her physical limitations, of what her body can or can't do.
Robin B.: There are some people who have trouble working as a team (or an ensemble - thinking dance), but are plenty kinesthetically and spatially intelligent. Perhaps they are the field goal kickers and soloists!
Marta Venturini: Wouldn't that awareness fall under intrapersonal intelligence?
Robin B.: Oh, I'm thinking interpersonal!
Sandra Dodd: Maybe even very kinesthetic people might sometimes "go by the book" as to what they ought to be able to do, looking up their weight or age or body mass or whatever. 
Robin B.: That does make sense - intrapersonal.
Sandra Dodd: Definitely for team sports, interpersonal. Or for acting, dancing.
Robin B.: Yes.
AlexPolikowsky7: What about someone that can be awesome in one sport but cannot , for example, dance?
Sandra Dodd: Maybe for solo kinesthetic activities, though, there should be some self-awareness like WHY am I doing this?
Sandra Dodd: That I don't know, Alex. I can write like crazy, but not fiction. I have no idea about how or why someone would write fiction.
Sandra Dodd: It seems like a supreme waste of time. Somtimes I read fiction, though.
Sandra Dodd: Or, lately, listen to it.
Robin B.: I hear you, Sandra. I couldn't write fiction even if the outline was done for me!
Robin B.: I love reading it, though.
Sandra Dodd: I'm glad some people do, but they're not always "good writers."
Robin B.: Nope.
AlexPolikowsky7: I can do some body things but I cannot dance. I do have rhythm but that is about it.
Robin B.: Some storytellers wouldn't be good writers. It's performance.
Parvine: Doesnt inspiration come into it? Or by weaving a story it is a way way of expressing our thoughts and ideas
Sandra Dodd: I'm listening to Sherlock Holmes, and it makes me think of these recent discussions. The stories are full of trivia, fact, outdated Victorian ideas, and Sherlock Holmes is presented as a very physical, strong character with a ton of stamina (and a gun).
Robin B.: I've never thought of Sherlock Holmes in that way (physical, strong), but that's probably because I think of Basil Rathbone. 
Sandra Dodd: He can box and do some sort of Japanese martial art (boxing, not swords, not karate, I think). I'm just going around lately profiling people (real or fictional) by Gardner's intelligences. 
Marta Venturini
AlexPolikowsky7: Isnt fictions about telling a story too? A story you created in your head not one you know about or lived.
Sandra Dodd: I'm ten or twelve stories in. And what I think more and more is that Jonny Lee Miller really did read those books. He does ALL the mannerisms described.
Robin B.: A new department of the Criminal Minds' BAU. Intelligence profiling. 
Parvine: I think it is Alex, or at least that is how Leili describes her story writing.
Sandra Dodd: Fiction is all about telling a story, but it's not "storytelling"—not the in-person presentation of a narrative, told with emotion and timing, with an eye on the audience's reactions.
Robin B.: Yes. Completely different.
Marta Venturini: Criminal Minds! Love that show, Robin. Love the profiling.
Robin B.: Me, too, Marta.
Sandra Dodd: And the screenwriters of Alex's new religion (korean dramas) are writing something on beyond any Western novel or movie. REALLY complex stories, with memorys, and additional information added, and who knows what and who doesn't know. Plus the emotion and social and politics.
Sandra Dodd: But look.... I'm off on writing. Back to kinesthetic. Sorry.
Robin B.
Sandra Dodd: I wish Jill could have been here. Even though her current activities are cloth and sewing machines, she's strong and used to be a ski instructor or rescue or some and some. And she can walk fast and far without breathing hard.  
Sandra Dodd: I like the idea that any community of people (physical community / group / town) needs varied types. They need people who can wake up, alert. They need people who can run, jump, swim rivers. They need people who can tell when someone else is really sad or afraid. They need people who can figure out how to do things, build things, fit things into small spaces.
Sandra Dodd: I can't swim, so if we were all in danger and swimming were required, I would be absolutely worthless.
Sandra Dodd: So I hope one of you can swim.
Robin B.: If we were all just good at one thing, we would have died out long ago.
Robin B.: I can swim. Senna can, too. Ross does not.
Sandra Dodd: But how far? Could you cross a river? There's swimming and then there's SWIMMING.
Robin B.: True enough. I could have years ago, maybe.
Serah joined the chat 6 days ago
Marta Venturini: I used to cross a river. Back when I was young. 
Sandra Dodd: Communities need people who are still young. 
Serah: are we already in the topic? no waiting....?
Robin B.: Now I'm old, I need to cultivate other intelligences!
Sandra Dodd: Right. Topic.
Parvine: I can swim but not cross the river swimming 
Robin B.: We couldn't help ourselves, Serah.
Sandra Dodd: In our family, Marty was always the agile, strong, competent one. Kirby and Holly are pretty good—Holly's good at Yoga and can work a long time without getting tired. Kirby used to teach karate. I honestly don't know how artful his karate was, or how natural, because I have no way to gauge it.
Sandra Dodd: Keith the dad... very physical. And when Keith is wounded, or like after a shoulder surgery, he knows what he needs to do to recover. He creates his own routines, with things around the house, and he DOES the things, every day, until he has built up the muscle or flexibility he's aiming at.
AlexPolikowsky7: I am a strong swimmer
Sandra Dodd: He goes swimming and does a series of different things, doing laps, for his shoulders' recover (he's had two different shoulder surgeries).
Sandra Dodd: He just knows. And he can work like forever, and drive forever, and (apparently) chop firewood until he ruins his shoulder.
Sandra Dodd: But he's getting old and frustrated.
Sandra Dodd: So if we need a message taken across the river, assuming all our cell phones are dead, let's send Alex. 
Marta Venturini
AlexPolikowsky7: Sounds good!
Robin B.: Ross is like Keith in that way, Sandra. Creating his routines for recovery and sticking with them.
AlexPolikowsky7: I am good at playing wacka-mole! Does that help
AlexPolikowsky7: Too?
Sandra Dodd: I suppose what Ross and Keith can do involves kinesthetic, intrapersonal and logic?
Serah: I've taken swimming lessons as a kid but never really learned. I could tread water long enough to save my life i guess.
Robin B.: I think so, Sandra.
Serah: I keep getting a connection error message from Chatzy... ???
Sandra Dodd: Alex, if you could grab instead of whack, we could eat the prairie dogs you catch!
Robin B.: Maybe spatial, as well?
Sandra Dodd: From Chatzy itself? Sorry, Serah. I have no idea about that.
Sandra Dodd: Maybe spatial, too.
AlexPolikowsky7: yes Spatial! I have that strongly!
Sandra Dodd: I think the same way artists recommend that artistic kids be given better art supplies, not little-kid stuff, children who are great kinesthetically might could use better equipment or access to better places to run, climb, whatever it is.
AlexPolikowsky7: I missed that chat. I wanted to be here because I have strong spatial intelligences
AlexPolikowsky7: Intelligence
Sandra Dodd: You do car tetris, Alex? Could you pack a trailer?
Sandra Dodd: When Marty worked bagging groceries, when he was 16, 17, I was impressed. He won the store's speed and accuracy contest. It looked like just speed to everyone else, but there were also (UNlike Tetris) aspects of temperature and cleanliness.
Sandra Dodd: The contest didn't have anything like a rotisserie chicken, or fresh-ground meat, or fresh fish. But his everyday job did.
Serah: Arif is REALLY good at packing, cars, trailers whatever. Manages to get everything in with room to spare
Sandra Dodd: Keith, too. Keith packs me to go to Europe.
Sandra Dodd: Julie Daniel packs me to get back.
AlexPolikowsky7: I read that too Sandra and gave my daughter real drawing supplies and paper. She draws a lot now and is making nice things. She was not "talented" as a younger child. But she did not have people telling her she was not good enough or lots to compare too so she draws because she loves and it is showing !
Sandra Dodd: Serah, do you fill up the room-to-spare with things you forgot to present in the first place? (Poor Keith.... I do.)
AlexPolikowsky7: Pack a trailer?
Robin B.: Ross can pack a trailer 
Sandra Dodd: And with groceries—cleansers can't go with some foods, and cold things should be with cold things or moisture-proof things. Lots of aspects that make tetris look two dimensional. (Which it is, real Tetris. )
AlexPolikowsky7: I have driven big trucks and packed them amazingly well ! Dog shows! Bringing all the stuff and driving huge trucks with 30 dogs in crates plus equipment.
Sandra Dodd: Yeah, with trailers the axle is a factor—how much weight on which side of the wheels.
Serah: The spare room is mutli purpose. Currently it's been transforemd to a storage area and when finished will have shelves lining the walls with all sorts of things.
Robin B.: I always have stuff left over when packing a trailer or car.
Robin B.: I don't see the spaces like Ross does.
Sandra Dodd: I meant the room to spare after he packs...does it fill up with things you bring after he's all packed, Serah. 
Robin B.: That's sort of an artistic intelligence, too, seeing the spaces.
Sandra Dodd: And now we're on spatial.
Robin B.
Sandra Dodd: Back to kinesthetic.
Sandra Dodd: I like you guys, but small groups.... two hours of stuck in one place for a small group is hard for me. And staying on topic is hard for me if you guys don't help me stay. Jill is my stay-on-topic deputy.
Sandra Dodd: I'm not good at staying in one place.
AlexPolikowsky7: artistically I am good at proportions! Yes! My mom is much more creative but she always asked me if the proportions were correct and the pose of the body parts worked! I can see it . She cannot!
Sandra Dodd: So it's good, for parenting, to know that there are big groups of related abilities—these intelligences— and if a child "has it" in one area or another, providing support and outlets.
Serah: oh yeah! ALL the time!
AlexPolikowsky7: So would sword fighting be both kinesthetic and spatial?
Sandra Dodd: It's also good to remember that there will be parts that one person or another lacks, and so not to say to a kid "You're such an artistic person, why can't you draw people with the right proportions?" or "You're so physical, why can't you dance?" or "Your writing is so good, why can't you write a novel?"
AlexPolikowsky7: Very good points!
Marta Venturini: I was thinking about this the other day. I wasn't a very physical kid.
Sandra Dodd: Me too, Serah. When our whole family used to camp (SCA camping with three kids) Keith would pack everything really well, and then I would bring the two cubic yards of stuff I had forgotten to pack in the first place.  So it was GOOD he could pack and leave a hole.
Marta Venturini: But then when I hit my teen years, things changed.
Marta Venturini: My body seemed to be stronger (I had more strength in my upper arms) and I seemed to be able to do things I couldn't before.
Sandra Dodd: Yes, swordfighting is kinesthetic and spatial. Anything that involves knowing not only where your hand is but where the thing in your hand is—so hockey, tennis, baseball...
Sandra Dodd: Those tool-bearing jocks.... there's something past knowing how fast they can move, but knowing how much faster the other end of their tool will be going. Physics (not needing numbers, but an understanding of what a little torque at the wrist can do to the other end of the stick.
Robin B. left the chat 6 days ago
Sandra Dodd: Is chatzy booting people?
Marta Venturini: Looking back and reflecting on what happened to me, has helped me keep cool about Conchinha not being a very physical child right now, because my family sometimes questions the fact that she isn't very physical and they think I should have her go to a gymnastics class, for instance.
Sandra Dodd: Does she climb, at the playground? I remember her swinging.
Sandra Dodd: Serah, I'm sorry if chatzy is throwing you out.
Marta Venturini: She does.
Sandra Dodd: Up above our names, if you clidk the flag (if you're on a computer, maybe, anyway) it shows where people are.
Sandra Dodd: Years ago we had a chatroom that would put the flags next to the names.
Parvine: And enjoys kicking ball around 
Marta Venturini: But she's very careful, she doesn't take risks, she asks for my help. The way I see it, she likes to feel safe in what she's doing.
Marta Venturini: Yes, Parvine!
Marta Venturini
Sandra Dodd: Finding reasons not to worry is good. 
Marta Venturini
Sandra Dodd: I was a physical kid—rode bikes LOTS, jumped off the roof of the barn into soft dirt (repeatedly) for fun. Climbed up and over our swingset, hung from it, rolled around, wrestled the neighbor's dog (our dog was older and didn't want to wrestle, but Brandy next door was a boxer and wanted to play rough).
Serah: yeah, its weird today... works then stops
Marta Venturini: (that's so cute, about the flags!)
Sandra Dodd: When I was 15.... that went away.
Sandra Dodd: I didn't mind.
Sandra Dodd: I wasn't using it much.
Sandra Dodd: But I think puberty does things to girls that it's not politically correct to mention.
Marta Venturini: Yeah, it was the other way around for me.
Sandra Dodd: Different things, different girls. 
Serah: Amaya is VERY physical. Climbing, jumping, always taking risks. its hard to watch sometimes. I have noticed that she is careful too.
Sandra Dodd: There is a thing that happens with young kids where they're brave and then cautious and then brave again. Maybe not every kid, but sometimes a child will stop doing things he did before, out of fear. I think an awareness of danger can come that wasn't there before.
Serah: Flags are soo cool!!!
Sandra Dodd: Canada's wins for prettiest there—most symmetrical, without the negative political history of the UK's.
Sandra Dodd: I say that being the sole judge of the flag art contest of the moment.
Marta Venturini
Marta Venturini: I thought the Portuguese flag might win, because it has green in it. Your favorite color! 
Marta Venturini
Sandra Dodd: But the flag of New Mexico is the prettiest in the whole world, of all flags. it's as good as imperial Japan's without the crazy kill-all-the-neighbors history.
Sandra Dodd: I like green, but not for flags. Though I have a phone case that's Brazilian flag colors and art. I don't know if it was to represent the country or a team, but I got it because it was mostly green.
Sandra Dodd:


Sandra Dodd: It's symmetrical, reversible, every single direction.
Sandra Dodd: So is this:

Sandra Dodd
AlexPolikowsky7: Green in the Brazilian glad represents the land, vast forests
Sandra Dodd: But not as pretty.
Sandra Dodd: Green is the Brazilian flag is pretty. But the sun on the flag of New Mexico is better than the sun of Japan's. So say I, the flag judge of this chat.
Marta Venturini
Serah: i like the NM flag too!
Serah: but also agree with the simple symmentry of the canadian flag
Sandra Dodd: It won't show. It's a Brazilian flag made of part of someone's face kind of...
Sandra Dodd: Creepy. 
AlexPolikowsky7: Land of the rising sun- Japan
Sandra Dodd: Anything else to add about kinesthetic intelligence before we go?
Serah: what's the message on the brazilian flag say?
Sandra Dodd: Order and progress? Conservative and liberal. Tradition and change.
Sandra Dodd: I could be wrong.
Marta Venturini: Order and Progress, yes.
AlexPolikowsky7: Something Brazil needs a lot right now.
AlexPolikowsky7: Both!
Sandra Dodd: The U.S. is pretty lacking this year.
AlexPolikowsky7: That it is okay to not have a physical child that play sports. It is a very
Sandra Dodd: Oh. It's not time to go.
Sandra Dodd: We have an hour to talk about kinesthetic intelligence, but so far we're not doing a very good job of it. Sorry. 
Sandra Dodd: I have a story to tell you, then.
Sandra Dodd: Partly it's about my friend Jeff. Jeff is getting old now,but when he was in his 20's and 30's, he was hugely quick, strong, smart, talented, charming.... all the good stuff.
AlexPolikowsky7: It is very American. Not all cultures put as much emphasis in sports as they do here. It is like a religion. Sometimes more important than anything in school
Marta Venturini: I know, Alex. But I'm really really glad that I found radical unschooling and you guys, because it helped me relax into who Conchinha is and what she likes, instead of having expectations.
Serah joined the chat 6 days ago
Sandra Dodd: So.... leave Jeff at the side of the story for a moment.
Sandra Dodd: I married Keith and Keith's very physical and mathematical but not so verbal.
AlexPolikowsky7: Marta of all the kids in my house I was the one that was not physical . Then Aron s 16
Sandra Dodd: And I'm all verbal, verbal, logical, verbal.
Serah: there's a typing posting lag  
AlexPolikowsky7: Then around 16 it all changed. Not saying it will just that things can change.
Sandra Dodd: I would win arguments with Keith. Keith couldn't win an argument, so it was seeming (to me, and probably not to anyone else) that I was smarter than Keith and so should be making the decisions (or whatever).
Marta Venturini: That happened to me too, Alex.
Marta Venturini: Yes, I know.
AlexPolikowsky7: I
AlexPolikowsky7: I
Sandra Dodd: So one day Keith wisely said that the only reason I won all the time was that he wasn't allowed to hit me. That if physical "arguments" were allowed then HE could win all the time, but we were only allowed words so I was using an unfair advantage.
Sandra Dodd: I was cheating.
Marta Venturini: Not a physical kid, and then when I hit my teenage years, I was all ballet and gymnastics and stuff. And I wasn't that bad, either! 
Serah: interesting spin
Sandra Dodd: So when Jeff, who had all the intelligences in abundance, married someone sweet but not clever (his description of her, when he told me they were getting married: "I know she's not very clever, but she's really sweet.")...
Sandra Dodd: I told Jeff what Keith had said.
AlexPolikowsky7: Brian does not like to argue with me because he says he cannot win and that it is not fair I go all Lawyer on him.
Sandra Dodd: And that because Jeff could win ANY argument with her, he should feel obligated not to do it all the time.
Sandra Dodd: He's right, Alex.
Sandra Dodd: It's just as cheating as if he hit you every time he wanted you to stop doing something.
AlexPolikowsky7: Is Jeff still married?
Sandra Dodd: He is!
AlexPolikowsky7: Nice!
Marta Venturini
Sandra Dodd: I would not have thought that, about the unfairness of it, if it had not been for Gardner's Intelligences. Those ideas—that model of what aspects people had in them, in varying proportions—changed my life.
Sandra Dodd: Totally enabled me to unschool calmly and flexibly.
AlexPolikowsky7: And we are still married Sandra, to our physical guys, being that our heads don't stop
Sandra Dodd: And helped me see what about Keith was advantageous to us as a team, as a partnership, instead of belitting him for being
Sandra Dodd: a jock or a math nerd or a this or a that.
Sandra Dodd: He had strengths I didn't.
AlexPolikowsky7: Same here.
Marta Venturini: Gardner's ideas have helped me see the diversity.
Serah: nice story
AlexPolikowsky7: And if I want to have discussions and arguments about ideas I can do it somewhere else and leave my hubby alone. He says I think too much. But he is proud of that in a way , specially now that I don't ragg on him.
AlexPolikowsky7: No one can be or do everything.😊
Sandra Dodd: It's good to have you on his team, Alex, but not for you to turn on him. 
AlexPolikowsky7: Exactly!
Sandra Dodd: Keith's frugality when we were young has enabled us to help our kids financially now that they're older, when they need help. I would've spent it all on them when they were little and been poor now.
Sandra Dodd: Keith's ability to work in the yard—to move lots of dirt from one place to another, to make wooden steps and decks here and there—makes our yard nice!
Marta Venturini
Sandra Dodd: I'm going to bring some links, to make up for my lack of ability to kep on topic here. 
Sandra Dodd: In learning styles lingo, "kinesthetic learners" are related in part to kinesthetic intelligence. It's not an exact overlay, but I'm bringing a link to someting on Wikipedia about that:
Sandra Dodd: Quoting from that:
Sandra Dodd: Kinesthetic intelligence, which was originally coupled with tactile abilities, and was defined and discussed in Howard Gardner's Frames Of Mind: The Theory of Multiple Intelligences. In his book, Gardner describes activities (such as dancing and performing surgery) as requiring great kinesthetic intelligence: using the body to create (or do) something. Margaret H'Doubler wrote and spoke about kinesthetic learning during the 1940s, defining kinesthetic learning as the human body's ability to express itself through movement and dance.
Sandra Dodd: The page talks about doodling. People who doodle while they listen are doing something that aids their attention and their memory.
Sandra Dodd: Some kids want to always touch things they're learning about, and if they're listening to a book or watching a movie, it can help for them to have something to play with, in their hands.
Sandra Dodd: Generally, any of the "learning styles" writing is irritating to me.
Sandra Dodd: When it's NOT irritating is just when it's presented as one aspect to allow a kid to have/do if he wants it.
Sandra Dodd: And not to forbit a child to wiggle, doodle, ask questions, want to touch things, smell them, look at photos of them... Allowing for all aspects of input is what I was writing about in "Disposable Checklists for Unschoolers."
Sandra Dodd: FIVE SENSES:
 The obvious senses are sight and sound. Pictures of Japan and a recording of koto music might be considered sufficient for school. But how much more gloriously can you round that out when you have access to all kinds of real-world resources? Add taste, smell and touch. The kids don't need to know there was a checklist, but for the parents, a trip to a restaurant or an Asian market or gift shop might help the parent complete their secret framework. How long should a five-senses checklist take to finish? Since unschooling operates in the real world, timing it to an hour or a week or six weeks is artificial. No hurry to "complete the set" on something. Smelling an elephant might need to wait for a trip to a zoo or circus, or you might want to just avoid that particular scent sensation altogether.
Sandra Dodd: If the parents are willing to remember to allow for all kinds of learning, and for all kinds of inputs and memories, then IF one of their children is particularly better at hearing, or feeling, or reading, it won't matter. Soon enough the child will be asking for more of what she wants.

Sandra Dodd: I found this list of jobs parents might want to encourage in a child with kinesthetic intelligence. I'm not even going to link it because I don't want to support the ideas there, but this:

Sandra Dodd: Career Ideas:
Physical therapist
Recreational worker
Dancer
Actor
Farmer
Mechanic
Carpenter
Craftsperson
Physical education teacher
Forest ranger
Factory worker
Jeweler
Athlete
Mime
Artistic painter
Surgeon

Sandra Dodd: Mime!? A PARENT SHOULD ENCOURAGE A CHILD TO BE A MIME!?
Marta Venturini: Hahahahaha
Sandra Dodd: Seriously, I'm not big on pressing my kids to do one thing over another, but that's not much of a job.
Sandra Dodd: There are some in London, though, bothering tourists.
Sandra Dodd: Dressed in white or silver and pretending to be statues until they reach out and move

Marta Venturini: We've got our share here in Lisbon too, downtown.
Marta Venturini: Same here

Serah: but all of those jobs require more then one type of intelligence

Sandra Dodd: Yes. The page did say that, too.
Sandra Dodd: But I just love the range of the things. Surgeon. Jeweler. Factory worker. Farmer.
Sandra Dodd: I would think "recreational worker" would need more interpersonal.

AlexPolikowsky7: Me too!

Sandra Dodd: So... yeah. Playing around with these ideas is a way to see the connections and overlaps.
Sandra Dodd: But I guess someone who's not at all physical, with all the interpersonal skills in the world, would'n't get people up and playing volleyball. 

Marta Venturini: True

Sandra Dodd: Now that I think of it, a good mime with a nice costume and makeup and a cute collection container can probably make more money than lots of those other jobs, and (hopefully) without a lot of student debt or pressure.

Serah: probably.

Sandra Dodd: Here's someone's powerpoint presentation about intelligences.  Nicer list. Includes stunt man!
Sandra Dodd: Magician, massage therapist

Marta Venturini: Interesting presentation

AlexPolikowsky7: Wasn't Marcel Marceau a mime?
Sandra Dodd: I was off looking at whose site "talentmapping" is. They're in India. I think they're consultants for companies and for individuals, maybe.
AlexPolikowsky7: Yes I was right!

Sandra Dodd: I want to brag up a couple of actors.
Sandra Dodd: Some actors are more physical than others.

Sandra Dodd: But there are some who've done very physical things AND just voice.
Sandra Dodd: Robin Williams
Sandra Dodd: but Rowan Atkinson.
Sandra Dodd: He's done voice, and acting, and just mime (Mr. Bean)
Sandra Dodd: And that's pretty impressive to me.

Serah: voice acting is much harder then it looks

Sandra Dodd: In Mrs. Doubtfire, when Robin Williams is doing the voice of the opera-singing bird, I LOVE THAT part.
Sandra Dodd: And when I think that Mel Blanc did ALL of the Looney-Tunes voices, I nearly can't breathe for a minute. 
Marta Venturini: Hehehe
Marta Venturini: The man of 1000 voices
Sandra Dodd


What's Opera Doc by MistyIsland1


Sandra Dodd: That's just two of them.
Marta Venturini: I was googling to see a picture of him and that's one of the links that came up.
Sandra Dodd: "Oh Bwunhiwda, you'w so wovewy..."
Sandra Dodd: "Yes I know it, I can't help it."
Marta Venturini
Sandra Dodd: I wish I could find the whole cartoon. That's not all of it.
Sandra Dodd: And I've read that they were making fun of one particular production of The Ring, with modernistic stage sets and lighting, so that lots of what they show was particular to that one staging.
Sandra Dodd: Here it is, but it's not a youtube video so I don't think it will show in here.
Marta Venturini: Nope. Doesn't show here.
Sandra Dodd: Can you see it at the link?
Marta Venturini: I can!
Sandra Dodd: Because it has the important "spear and magic helmet" part.
Marta Venturini: I was just checking it out.
Sandra Dodd: I think probably the animators were some kinesthetic inteligence stars.
Marta Venturini: Definitely stars 
Marta Venturini: Well, I need to go get food for my people. Thank you for the chat, Sandra. Thank you for taking the time to be here, to think about these topics.
Marta Venturini: I learn a lot from the chats.
Sandra Dodd: I'm not feeling well. Neither is this poor chat room, today. 
Sandra Dodd: I'm going to leave early and take some meds and lie down a bit. Hope no one minds.
Marta Venturini: Oh no... I hope you feel better soon!
Marta Venturini
Sandra Dodd: Next week, "Nature Intelligence"—naturalist​ic
Sandra Dodd: It's not just trees and birds!!
Marta Venturini
Sandra Dodd: (But it is trees and birds, too.)
Sandra Dodd: Thanks for being here. I hope the chatroom is nicer next time, to Serah and others.
Marta Venturini: Yes. See you next week!